Friday, April 16, 2010

Family Home Evening-Treat



It's the last day of my Family Home Evening installments so I thought I would end with a treat. Let's face it, the treat is probably the most anticipated thing. It could be just about anything, too;ice cream, brownies, fruit salad, pudding, etc. I think it's fun to see the kids make the treat when it's their turn to do it. I usually end up helping them a little with it if it has to be cooked, but they do a great job. With this particular treat above, Orange Icee, they helped put each ingredient into the blender. This icee is so simple and it's a cold, refreshing treat. You can get the recipe below. Also, visit my "recipes" section for more treat ideas.

Orange Icee
1/2 of a 12-oz. can frozen orange juice concentrate
1 c. milk
1/2 c. water
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. sugar
16 large ice cubes

Put all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Serves 3 to 5 people.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...