Monday, April 5, 2010

Rice Krispy Candy Nests



Hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend. We sure did. We got to spend time with my mom and dad on Saturday, which was fun. The kids had a good time hunting eggs and getting all those goodies in their Easter bucket from Nana and Granddad. It was also nice to watch the General Conference of our church. It always lifts me up and feeds my spirit. A great way to end an enjoyable Easter weekend.

Now, on to these little nests. I know Easter is over, but I thought I'd show them anyway. I first saw this idea in last year's Easter edition of Paula Deen magazine and knew I wanted to make them. So when my son's school sent home a paper saying they were having a bake sale to benefit Relay For Life and were asking for goodies, I knew these would be a great item.I tried to make the packaging attractive as well so my item would stand out and say "buy me." I placed each one in a plastic baggie with the little zipper part on the top cut off, stapled on a label and added a cute ribbon. I was happy with finished product. Not sure how well they sold because I couldn't attend the sale, but I hope they made a little money for a good cause. Get the recipe below.



Rice Krispy Candy Nests
adapted from Paula Deen magazine
6 cups Rice Krispy cereal
3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
10.5 oz. bag marshamallows
1 bag Cadburry Robin Eggs
pat of butter for greasing pans

Lightly grease 24 muffin cups with butter. Melt 3 Tbsp. butter in large pot over low heat until melted. Pour in marshmallows and stir until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in cereal. Mix well. With clean and buttered hands, put about one handful of mixture into each muffin cup and make a little well or indention in center for candies.Place 3 robin eggs in center of each nest.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...